D.K Chats to Deputy Dave Kane from Don't Tell A Soul


 I am so excited to have Deputy David Kane from Don't Tell A Soul and Bring Me Flowers on my blog today to answer your questions.



DK: Hi Dave, thanks for dropping by today, I know how busy you are in Black Rock Falls. I've had so many questions about you from my readers, I thought it might be nice for you to answer them for me.

Kane: I'm really happy to be able to talk to your readers. 

 D.K. Great!  Can you tell my readers a little about your background. We all know you are six- five, with dark hair and broad shoulders, but we want to know what is inside that mind of yours, what secrets are you hiding?

Kane: If I told you, I’d have to kill you. Ha ha.  You already know my background; I started in the Marines at seventeen and worked my way up the ladder. My work has been varied over the years. At first, my job was to take out the bad guys, one bullet one kill. Things became a little more interesting when I joined DC’s Special Forces Investigation Command but as you can imagine I can’t discuss the cases I worked on. 

D.K. You protected POTUS on a few occasions as well, I believe?

Kane: As I said, I’ve had a varied career.

D.K.  You have a metal plate in your head. Can you tell my readers what happened?

Kane: I’d spent a rare night out with my wife Annie. It was our anniversary and we had a wonderful evening. I figured by working in DC, we could start a family and have all the things every couple yearned for. As you can imagine during our five years together, I spent most of my time overseas. We left the restaurant and walked back to the car. For some reason that night, I didn’t do the usual checks. I felt safe in DC and didn’t believe we were in any danger but the moment I turned the ignition key the car exploded. A terrorist group had planted a bomb under my car. Someone had betrayed me to the enemy.  They knew my name. It was payback.


D.K: That was when you lost your wife, Annie. Can you talk about that now?

Kane: Yeah, you never get over losing a loved one but at least I know she did not suffer.  I miss her every day and so want to find the men who murdered her.

D.K: What happened after the explosion?

  Kane: I ended up in Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for ten months. It was there I became Dave Kane a younger looking very fit man.  I will never reveal my real name— too many lives are at risk.

D.K: I understand. So you are not in witness protection in Black Rock Falls?

Kane: Nope. Jenna is but I’m off the grid, maybe permanently but I still have my contacts. Jenna is all alone out there. POTUS placed me in Black Rock Falls because it is a mysterious town, where strange things happen. Although Jenna is a tough cookie and an ex DEA Agent, I guess the powers that be believed my field of expertise would be of use to her.

D.K: How are you coping with being second in command after being a leader for so long?

Kane: At first, it was difficult. I’m a marine, respecting women is part of who I am, protecting women may sound patronizing but I’m a big guy and it’s something I do without thinking.  I’m used to taking orders no matter what the sex of my superior officer. Would I take a bullet for her? Yeah without a second thought.

D.K:  You two seem to be getting close, do I see a romance in the air?

Kane: We are best friends and apart from the fact I’m still mourning Annie, I’m not too sure Jenna would appreciate a relationship with a subordinate.  I like spending our downtime together, and yes, I care for her, she is a beautiful woman. What man wouldn’t like to be involved with her? Who knows what the future will bring? Jenna is an independent woman and I would not want spoil things by making the wrong move and ruining a perfect friendship. I guess time will tell. 




D.K. Thank you for your time today.  I am sure if my readers have any questions for you they will let me know.

Kane: My pleasure. I'm happy to drop by anytime. I hope your readers will enjoy what lies ahead for Jenna and me. Trust me I promise, it will be thrilling.



Don't Tell A Soul

US: https://www.USAamazon.com/dp/B074N9F4MP/

UK:https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074N9F4MP/


Bring Me Flowers:

US: http://amzn.to/2B82HuS

UK: http://amzn.to/2ke51pK


Comments

Popular Posts